I note today, that I’ve not managed a blog post for the whole month of August and the first 3 weeks of September. This is in part due to the fact that My Love and I just spend the first 2 weeks of the month in Italy.
Before I start talking about that too much, I think I best address the month that passed me by, August.
We moved into our house early in the month. Moving houses is always a lot of work – especially moving things from 3 different places into one location but by the end of a weekend we were pretty much done. Almost 2 months on and now that we have My Cat here too, we are starting to feel pretty settled. Mr Cat is inside for now as we only picked him up from My Mother’s last night but he seems pretty happy so far. Will be nice to be able to let him out in a few days, despite my concerns about him not getting on with other neighbourhood cats, of which there are a few.
We’ve discovered the joys of homeownership already, with our toilet flusher breaking after less than two weeks here as well as the pantry coming off its rails due to a shonky install. Both of these things have been fixed and we’ve gotten to do a bit of DIY too! We have:
- replaced some handles in our bathroom
- I painted and then we added numbers to a new, lovely letterbox
- My Love has put up the smoke alarms
- I’ve put some film on the bathroom window for added privacy
- I’ve done a little extra repainting around the house exterior, in a preliminary way
- I’ve done a bit of painting clean up on our windows and the back door
- My Love put a new draught guard on the back door
- We put up a key hook
- We’ve set up two compost bins (one weeds and the other general kitchen scraps and lawn clippings)
- I’ve done a lot of weeding and pulled a lot of rocks from our garden and lawn
- We’ve mowed the lawn a couple of times
- We’ve vaguely improved our shower with some new fittings – this is possibly a work in progress though
- And we continually discuss what improvements we might make next.
BIG NEWS TO COME
On the Saturday night of our moving weekend, My Love proposed to me & became My Betrothed. This is something we’ve talked about but the timing took me completely by surprise! We don’t want a big wedding, partly for financial reasons and just because that isn’t really our style but we’ve only really scratched the surface of planning as we’ve had our Home and Italy to focus on. Needless to say, this is a very happy development. ❤
My word it has been a big year!